Before I tell you about BubbleLife's exciting new mobile device features, I want to provide some (boring?) background.
Neighborhoods pose two key problems when it comes to news:
- Neighborhood news is boring - if it isn't about your neighborhood. Otherwise, it's read regularly.
- No single person or organization can report on all the neighborhood activity, so lots of newsworthy stuff gets left out.
Because of these problems, a typical news site or newspaper must focus on common items that enjoy a broad readership. That is why it is easier to know what is going on in Iraq than down the street.
When we developed BubbleLife, we believed that to overcome these problems meant that we'd have to do things a little different. For example:
- We use technology to aggregate information from a variety of sources but don't claim it as our own. We always direct readers to the original sources.
- We encourage stories from community groups, merchants and readers. A lost dog is newsworthy as is a school play or an end-of-season sale.
- We don't depend on just website traffic, we use email, Facebook and Google to promote readership.
So far, this approach seems to be working for everyone - readers, advertisers and content providers. For example, in our Park Cities neighborhood, we have sent over 30,000 clicks to our list of news sources in just the past few months and the numbers are steadily increasing.
Exciting Mobile Phone Stuff
But we think we can still do better. So now the exciting news. We are launching neighborhood-specific versions of our BubbleLife sites for the iPhone, iPad, Android and newer Blackberrys. You can see some of them here:
Each community website has a corresponding mobile site. Plus each business using our Neighborhood Marketing Center for blogging and customer email has their own dedicated URL as well. These new sites make it even easier to read news and events while on the go. These sites are brand new and we need feedback to make them better. Please take time to give us give us your thoughts.
BubbleLife Media LLC
P. S. Remember to download your own copy of our book Neighborhood Brands. Regularly $24.95, its yours free. Visit http://www.neighborhoodmarketing101.com and look for the Download tab.