Technorati is an Internet search engine that specializes in blogs. When you go to the Technorati website http://technorati.com, you can search blogs by title, content or category. If you want your neighborhood blog listed on Technorati it just takes a few steps:
- Create a Technorati account and then login
- Go to your account settings by clicking on your user name on the top of the page
- At the bottom of the page is a link to "Claim your blog". Click this link and enter your blog details (see setup notes below). After this step, you'll get a message saying it is processing.
- Return to your account settings and you'll now see a link for verifying your blog. Click the link and get the claim code for your blog. Usually it looks something like 547Z8BXWGEDD.
- Then, post a new entry on your blog showing that claim code.
That's it, your blog is now listed in the Technorati index.
Setup Notes for a Neighborhood Blog:
During setup, you are asked for a two URLs for your blog. One points to the blog and the other to the RSS feed that Technorati uses to "read" your blog. Your blog URL should look something like this:
Your feed URL can be found by using the RSS feed icon at the bottom of the commands column. It looks something like this: