Have you ever wondered whether entering your business into Google Places was worth your time? We’re here to tell you that it is. There are several reasons why:
- Having your business in Google’s business directory gives you the opportunity to put your website URL in the listing, which will help you build up relevancy inside the Google search function
- Google Places uses geo-targeting to help customers and local businesses connect. When your URL is positioned on other servers online, Google will “like” you better. That means your business listing will be more likely to turn up in the top search results when potential customers search Google.
- Ultimately, having your business in Google Places will direct more traffic and page views to your site, resulting in more business.
- Why not? It costs nothing and is simple to manage. Even if you don’t have a website, Google Places allows you to have an online presence. Who doesn’t want more visibility?
- If your business is not listed on Google Places, your competitors are. You want people to be able to find you easily.
Once you create your listing, don’t just forget about it – maintain it! Ask your happy customers to write reviews of your goods and services, put photos and video on your listing, and make sure all the information stays up-to-date and accurate.